Elliott M. Portman
His concentration of practice is in federal and state litigation, particularly in the area of creditor's rights and commercial litigation. He represents both international and domestic clients with regard to liquidation of their accounts receivable.
Mr. Portman has traditionally devoted the majority of his practice to creditor's rights and judgment enforcement. As a result, he has maintained an excellent reputation in the field, striving for the highest standards of professionalism and for expeditious results.
He has lectured for the Suffolk County Academy of Law and The National Business Institute on the subjects of the collection of overdue accounts and law practice management. In addition, Mr. Portman has spoken before local civic groups with regard to civil litigation, creditor/debtor relations and before Long Island high school students regarding the dangers of credit card abuse.
Mr. Portman is an active member of the Suffolk County Bar Association and has served as Chair of the Creditor's Rights Law Committee three times.
Brunel University, Uxbridge, England (1979)
State University of New York at Brockport (B.A., 1980)
New England School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- New York State (1986)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York (1989)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York (2007)
- Commercial Debt Collection
- Commercial Litigation
- Judgment Enforcement
Affiliations, Achievements and Honors:
- American Jurisprudence Award for Professional Ethics while attending New England School of Law
- Suffolk County Bar Association (Chair of Creditor's Rights Committee 2009 - )
- Nassau County Bar Association (Member, District Court Committee)
- Commercial Lawyers Conference of New York (Vice President, 2007 - )
- Commercial Law League of America (Creditor's Rights Section)
- The International Association of Commercial Collectors, Inc. (IACC)
- Financial Secretary, Temple Beth-El of Huntington, NY (2001-2005)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (2012)
Linkedin Profile: www.linkedin.com/profile
back to top